Reopenings and new hotels: Great news from Meliá Cuba!
Summer days in Cuba are warm and hospitable. Today, is a special one, because we can come to you with great news: nine of the hotels that we manage on this Caribbean island will reopen their doors in the coming months.
Several tourism destinations -famous for their natural and cultural attributes- will be the scene of the reopenings. From East to West, you will have the opportunity to once again live wonderful experiences and fully enjoy the charm of Cuba.
It is a pleasure to inform you that with renewed areas and services -in addition to a strict health security protocol- the following hotels will begin to operate, as of November 1st, 2022:
- Meliá Marina Varadero: A spectacular 5-star hotel with modern rooms, specialized bars and restaurants, areas for events, an exclusive The Level floor and Yhi Spa.
- Meliá Marina Varadero Apartments: Apartments with one to three bedrooms and studios distributed in two condominium areas: Vistamares and La Marina. Spacious, welcoming and functional, they are prepared with the necessary equipment for long stays in an accommodation-only plan.
Both hotels are located by a maritime-commercial promenade with restaurants, shops, bars, a bowling alley and a nightclub; and a sports marina, a docking point for yachts and catamarans that take travelers to the adventure of the Cuban seas.
- Meliá Cayo Santa María: It is a beachfront hotel ideal for families. You will be able to explore the exuberant nature that surrounds it, take care of your body and spirit in the Yhi Spa and join fun activities and games for adults and children.
- Sol Cayo Santa María: It will resume operations as All Inclusive for people over 16 years of age, under a unique concept that mixes contemporaneity and fun. Get ready for a getaway with your friends or your partner, which will surely be a different and unforgettable way to share time together.
- Meliá Jardines del Rey: Located on the seafront of Playa Flamenco, its three-level bungalows combine comfort, space and wonderful views of the gardens, swimming pools or the beach. Families, couples who dream with a wedding by the sea or newlyweds, nature lovers and participants in events or celebrations will have the best accommodation here. (Updated reopening date October 1st 2022)
- Sol Río de Luna y Mares: After an important renovation that included rooms and common areas, this family hotel shines again in front of the sands of the magical Esmeralda beach. If you plan a wedding, it can also be the setting you need, as it has wonderful locations by the sea, a pleasant gastronomic offer and options for fun or privacy as you prefer.
- Meliá Santiago de Cuba: The reference hotel for those seeking high-standard accommodation in the Caribbean Capital is back on track. Its excellent culinary diversity, the panoramic views of the city and the pure Cuban nights at the Santiago Café or the Bello Mirador Bar will guarantee you a very satisfactory stay. For a higher level of comfort, try The Level section and let it the magic take over.
And that’s not all! On January, welcoming the new year, will be incorporating two hotels to this list:
January 1st 2023
- Hotel Camagüey Colón Affiliated by Meliá: Unique in its style in the historic center of the city of Camagüey, it stands out for its gallery and interior patio, the exquisite decoration, its preserved colonial furniture and a quiet atmosphere that make it the perfect option to discover the values of a very unique city in the center of Cuba.
January 16th 2023
- Meliá Cohiba: It hardly needs an introduction, what about the “Cohiba”? We praise its spectacular architecture that offers views of the Cuban capital and the sea -it is located a few steps from the Malecón-, perhaps talk about its exquisite The Level section or the benefits of its cuisine. Also, to note how appropriate this hotel is for events, business meetings, parties, banquets… or take you to the Habana Café to dance to the rhythm of Cuban music. But, since we haven’t said anything about that (¿right?), we’d better invite you to discover it on your own.
Later on, within the same year, we will open the Sol Caribe Beach in Varadero and the Meliá Trinidad Península, two modern hotels that will stand out for their innovative concepts in services, entertainment and gastronomy.
Have you already chosen which of these hotels you will visit first? We will be ready to welcome you and offer you wonderful experiences under the “Vive y Punto” philosophy. Once again, Meliá Cuba is committed to helping you discover during your stay the authenticity and charm of the largest island in the Caribbean.