2020: Year of Challenges, Awards and Transformation
2020 will be remembered as a bad year, changing our lives and the way we communicate and interact in society. The effects of the Covid-19 pandemic will be a topic to talk about for a long time, the deferred or cancelled projects, the long nights of health personnel, and the irreparable losses for many families, but also, people will remember solidarity, resistance and innovation.
Even in dark times, colorful stories can be told, experiences that bring humanity back to us, examples of survival and evolution, because there is nothing more constant than change and how we adapt to it.
With positivism we want to recount the year that is ending, because for #MeliaCuba it was not only a hard period, but also an opportunity for growth and achievement.
At 12 am. on January 1, we will not only be happy to welcome 2021, we will celebrate the end of a year of hard work, challenges and transformation.
And because there’s always light in the dark here is our 2020 milestone countdown:
- 18 #MeliaCuba hotels were recognized with “Traveler Choice Awards”, three of them with the distinction “Best of the Best”
- Paradisus Río de Oro Resort & Spa received a “World Travel Award” as “Cuba’s Leading Resort 2020”
- We implemented the “Stay Safe With Melia” program, reinforcing safety in our hotels in order to guarantee the well-being of guests.
- More than 10 hotels received the “Tourism + Hygienic and Safe” certification, granted by the Ministries of Tourism and Health of Cuba.
- We launched 2 innovative programs: “Work from Cuba” and “Stay Longer with Meliá Cuba” aimed at promoting teleworking and long stays in the island.
- More than 30 companies and organizations working in Cuba registered on our Meliá PRO Corporate portal.
- We renovated our facilities improving infrastructure, connectivity and services.
- We reaffirmed our commitment to protecting the environment by promoting sustainable initiatives in our hotels.
- We moved forward in the digitalization of processes in the facilities.
- We trained human resources to face the challenges of the new normal.
- We kept in contact with our collaborators and the B2B community virtually, through the Meliá Pro Travel Labs’ platforms.
- Our social media community grew by 70,000 followers.
Happy New Year! Let´s have a toast for a new day, a new beginning!